Academic Decathlon (Acadec) meets every 8th hour.
If you’re interested in joining the team or learning more about the program, please contact Mrs. Runnells.
Academic Decathlon (Acadec) is a multi-discipline competition that is based around a yearly theme: this year’s theme is Africa. Students take tests in seven subjects (Art, Economics, Mathematics, Music, Literature, Science, and Social Science), prepare speeches, deliver impromptu speeches, and participate in essay writing and interviews.
United States Academic Decathlon Mission, Vision, and Values
Our mission is to promote learning and academic excellence among students of varying achievement levels by developing and providing multidisciplinary academic competitions using Academic Decathlon® curricula.
Our vision is to provide all students the opportunity to excel academically through team competition.
Our core values include:
- The academic growth of students
- Challenging multidisciplinary learning
- Teamwork as a means to achieve self-knowledge and life skills
- Providing equal opportunities for students of different achievement levels
- The importance of inclusivity and diversity to learning and the human experience
- High standards of honesty and integrity
- Transparency in our relations and interactions with all of our stakeholders
- Excellence in our programs, services and activities
- Respect for diverse points of view.