Dear Parents and Students:
Being enrolled in a marketing class provides your son or daughter with the opportunity to participate in a student co-curricular organization called DECA. This is a great opportunity for your son or daughter to start building their resume.
As a DECA member, they will be able to partake in field trips, leadership labs, competitions, civic projects and much more. The skills and opportunities they receive will last a lifetime.
DECA assists students in developing skills and competencies for business/marketing careers, build self-esteem, experience leadership opportunities and engage in community activities. Below are benefits they will receive by becoming a DECA member. Joining DECA is a great way for them to start building their resume.
If your son or daughter is interested in joining DECA, chapter membership fees are $20. If you are paying by check, please make it out to Waukesha West DECA. Once their membership is paid, I will obtain their email address and send them upcoming DECA events via email. Activities will also be posted outside my classroom door (rm C117).
WHAT IS DECA?
- A student organization of marketing students. A component of a marketing education program which supports and enhances related school based and work based learning.
- DECA provides students with skills and knowledge to succeed in the new global economy.
- DECA is a local, state and national organization of goal-oriented youth with career interests in marketing, management and entrepreneurship.
BENEFITS OF DECA?
- Enables students to achieve high academic & occupational standards.
- Develops meaningful partnerships.
- Links school based learning to the real world of work & family.
- Develops school & community leaders.
- Integrates into Classroom Instruction
- Applies Learning
- Connects to Business
- Promotes Competition
DECA’S MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of DECA is to enhance the co-curricular education of students with interests in marketing, management and entrepreneurship. DECA is committed to the advocacy of marketing and growth of businesses and educational partnerships.
I’m looking forward to a fabulous school year. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me at 970-4008 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your son or daughter knows another student who might be interested in participating in DECA, please have them see me in rm C117. You do not need to be in a marketing course to be in DECA. All students are welcome.